Keep your mouth shut!

Last night I went for a nice long 16km run! Completely zoned out in my active meditation I discovered a technique to make my running a lot easier!!! If you keep your mouth shut and just breath through your nose your chest doesn’t get tight and you don’t get as tired so quickly. It then comes more down to the stamina in your legs and rest of the body to carry you through.

I always knew this but its hard to do when your so focused on running correctly and just getting through the distance! I forced myself to keep breathing through my nose and the result was amazing!

Back in December 2011 I started a trial of Bikram Yoga (Leicester)! This class is amazing in itself. I will talk about my LOVE for Bikram in another post as it is a subject within itself!! But Bikram teaches you one thing and that is to breath through just your nose for the whole 90minute class. This has helped me immensely with my running and other training in general! I would say Bikram Yoga and Running go hand in hand! Infact bikram yoga and any other type of training should always go hand in hand!!! Bikram compliments your breathing (amongst many other things) and this will help with any kind of training you wish to do! AMAZING!

The instructor in my class (Rachel) always says that breathing through your nose will keep everything calm and under control. When you breath through your mouth the oxygen rushes to your brain and makes you loose your focus. This works sooo well for me in my bikram class and I think it works well for my running and life in general too!! I will be adopting this method through stressful times if ever I face any ahead in life :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The knowing...

Kevala - finding my spiritual home ❤️

Mother hen love...