A state of awareness!


Meditation is a tool which changes your life! When you learn about the principles of meditation and why people meditate your knowledge and understanding of it and life go a lot deeper than ever before.

Since I started to meditate I have found that I have a lot more control over how I react to situations that occur in my life as I can stand back and observe my thoughts rather than just reacting. Its almost like taking control of your emotions rather than letting them control you! Im still learning how to do this properly but now I feel I can recognise negative thoughts/feelings quickly and almost stop myself from going down that route. In time I know that this will become easier...at present I still sometimes go through an internal struggle before being able to calm myself down but at least I can get there as an end result. Brilliant :)

Meditation brings about a state of awareness...aware ness of yourself, your thoughts, your feelings and your peacful soul! Its this awareness that will push you deeper and deeper towards a spiritual lifestyle of peace, love and joy :)

Guided meditation is great as a starting point, it has allowed me to be able to relax and meditate on a deeper level and for longer durations of time. I LOVE the feeling of starting my day with a good meditation....it gives me a sense of grounding! The rest of my day I can almost call up on that peace and clarity I gained in the morning to help me through the day as a calm and peaceful soul :) Not to let the influences of others or external material objects affect me as much! What a brilliant light to stand in!! Don’t you think?

If you would like to start meditation, I would recommend Carmen Warrington, amazingly calming voice and very simple instructions to follow. You can find her on you tube but I have also bought her album on iTunes called Peace of mind. Brilliant....thank you Carmen!



To deepen my understanding of spirituality and meditation I attended a positive thinking course followed by a meditation course which are both run completely free of charge by the Brama Kumaris organisation. I did my course in Leicester but they run throughout the UK. You can see if there is a course close to you here:
http://www.bkwsu.org/uk/whatson/arounduk?org=200
Thank you meditation teachers!

Meditation takes practice, but it surely is a way of life rather than just an occasional practice. Be patient with yourself and be persistent! The rewards at the end of it....i promise you....are definitely worth it!!!

Wishing anyone that reads this, peace, love and joy xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The knowing...

Kevala - finding my spiritual home ❤️

Mother hen love...