Fitness Fix!

Another one of my LOVEs in life is fitness. What started off as an obsession with loosing weight turned into something completely else. I love the feeling of being fit! I have most recently been running alot more than ever before and i love the way it makes me feel and the challenge it presents to me.

I have signed up for the Leicester Marathon where I will take part in the half marathon. The furthest I have ever ran in an organised race is 14km when i did the City to Surf run whilst living in Sydney. That was a long time ago!! (2008 i think). More recently I took part in Leicesters Big 10K, which was in May this year at Abbey Park in Leicester. I ran that race alone and really enjoyed it.


Running is MY time! i love zoning out to the point where I am not thinking about anything anymore except completing my run. I get lost in rhythm, breathing, counting! All the encounters of the day disappear and I am left with fresh air and the feeling of an amazingly fit and peaceful heart. Its almost like meditating!! Active meditation! I might be onto something there!!! :)))

So most recently I have ran 15km in my own training after work. Last week I increased this to 16km! But I found it SO tough at the end and afterwards I was just unable to move!!! Shattered! But I am very determined to continue with my goal being 21km! I will get there!!!

My plan is to hit 20km and then on race day push out the final km!
A friend of mine recently recommended I take Glutamine on training days to help with recovery as I also do Kettle bell training and Bikram yoga so my body aches all the time!! The Glutamine has helped a lot actually!! If you want to know more about this....feel free to ask me in the comments below :)


Over the next few posts I will talk in more detail about my training, what I have discovered, what works for me, healthy food recipes and other training tips :) All out of my love for all things fit and healthy! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The knowing...

Kevala - finding my spiritual home ❤️

Mother hen love...