Music for the soul

A few Saturdays ago I woke up to an upsetting thought. It was a thought from the past, one that meant a lot at some point in my life but now it was in the past. The memory of it still captured me though. I started to move through my day and decided that actually, I will let myself feel this emotion if that’s what is surfacing. I went shopping, I felt sad, I walked in the rain, I felt sad, I eat some lovely food but I was still feeling sad....and then I walked into the centre of town (no smile on my face just going through the motions) and there was a group from the church promoting their activities. They were trying to show how much fun it could be to be a part of the church.

6 men were doing a performance with straw hats. They were dancing along to some amazing soulful upbeat music! The words of the song were singing about having love for Jesus. I stopped in my tracks and stood still in the rain...I smiled at the performers. As I listened to the music it started to really lift my spirits...touch my soul and make me feel happy! I wanted to dance and be joyful too. I looked around at the crowd that the performers were gathering....everyone was just staring ahead and slowly they started to smile, laugh with each other and sway to the music! The sun started to shine and I felt like I had been sent a ray of light, as I felt the heat on my face I had a strong feeling of a gentle reminder that I was ok!
I find that these lovely messages come to me when I listen with an open heart and mind!

Its amazing how that music bought all these people from completely different walks of life together. It made them all stop. It made them all smile. It captured their thoughts! It was universal....to be enjoyed by all! It made me realise that no matter what language you speak, a piece of music can change your mood. It can be uplifting, relaxing, soothing, upsetting but more likely than all it will bring people together. It will move you from deep within, it will make you sing, dance and loose yourself for the few moments while you listen! What a truly amazing creation!
I started to realise just how creative music really was! The words, the sound, the instruments, the mood, the images it portrays! So many different angles just like a painting in sound waves!
So as I progress through my journey of joy....I will listen more, I will understand more and I will enjoy more of what I LOVE love LOVE! Let the music play.... :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The knowing...

Kevala - finding my spiritual home ❤️

Mother hen love...