It is said that the purpose of life is simply to find joy.
Joy in everything you do.
Joy in everything you say.
Then this is my journey, to discover myself, my passion, my joy and all things that i truly love!
Simplicity
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Painting and baking (healthy alternatives) are two of my fav things! So today I'm feeding my soul with my love.
Meditation is a tool which changes your life! When you learn about the principles of meditation and why people meditate your knowledge and understanding of it and life go a lot deeper than ever before. Since I started to meditate I have found that I have a lot more control over how I react to situations that occur in my life as I can stand back and observe my thoughts rather than just reacting. Its almost like taking control of your emotions rather than letting them control you! Im still learning how to do this properly but now I feel I can recognise negative thoughts/feelings quickly and almost stop myself from going down that route. In time I know that this will become easier...at present I still sometimes go through an internal struggle before being able to calm myself down but at least I can get there as an end result. Brilliant :) Meditation brings about a state of awareness...aware ness of yourself, your thoughts, your feelings and your peacful soul! Its this awareness that...
Another one of my LOVEs in life is fitness. What started off as an obsession with loosing weight turned into something completely else. I love the feeling of being fit! I have most recently been running alot more than ever before and i love the way it makes me feel and the challenge it presents to me. I have signed up for the Leicester Marathon where I will take part in the half marathon. The furthest I have ever ran in an organised race is 14km when i did the City to Surf run whilst living in Sydney. That was a long time ago!! (2008 i think). More recently I took part in Leicesters Big 10K , which was in May this year at Abbey Park in Leicester. I ran that race alone and really enjoyed it. Running is MY time! i love zoning out to the point where I am not thinking about anything anymore except completing my run. I get lost in rhythm, breathing, counting! All the encounters of the day disappear and I am left with fresh air and the feeling of an amazingly fit and peaceful heart. Its...
Kettle Bell Love! Tuesday and Thursday nights I attend a kettle bell class. The atmosphere in this class is great! Everyone is so friendly and the workout is amazing! What I love is that the class is always different! No two classes are ever the same, so this means you work hard....really hard but don’t think about it as much as your attention is on the new exercise or completing the given circuit! The instructor Stuart (From Stu-nique Fitness ) is AMAZING! I cant talk highly enough of him! So encouraging! Motivating! A truly inspiring character! No matter how many people there are in a class...10, 20....he will always manage to give you individual attention! As hard as kettle bell training is I am in love with the challenge it presents. I thrive off the feeling of feeling strong. A strong woman who can deal with things on her own! I know its just a class, but for me it represents a lot more than just that! I now swing a 20kg kettle bell!! I am very proud of myself! Determined!...
Comments
Post a Comment